We are a growing UK business, established 15 years, and have created an excellent reputation with global product compliance consultancy, safety, testing, validation and certification of products. We provide a range of services to provide product compliance to a range of worldwide markets.
• Conduct product assessment and testing (either lab-based or on clients’ sites) in accordance with procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
• As a senior engineer, lead by example in achieving excellent productivity in project throughput, and helping to mentor less experienced colleagues so they can become highly productive.
• Be tenacious, resourceful and innovative in driving projects through to completion, beating customer expectations where possible.
• Demonstrate a high level of confidence interacting with customers and colleagues and be entirely comfortable defending opinions and advice given if challenged.
• Be a confident presenter in giving industry event talks and when delivering training courses.
• Be a reviewing engineer/consultant for work done by colleagues such as consultancy technical reports. Sign-off reports and any internally-generated certificates.
• Have a huge appetite for learning new compliance fields, standards and related information. Become the company expert in a particular compliance field as well as being a good all-rounder.
• Complete all work within the required budget and timeframes to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency of the business.
• Ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation e.g. test reports, technical files and certificates, in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfil customer expectations.
• Proactive development of the quality system including development and continuous improvement of consulting and laboratory procedures.
Ability to get multiple projects done quickly, competently and simultaneously is paramount. You must be IT literate i.e. competent in the use of MS Office applications and experienced in using and navigating wide and diverse knowledge bases. Able to contribute to development of company technical knowledge base and tools.
Show a willingness to learn and adapt to change with a strong commitment to personal and professional development. Pursue IET membership to the appropriate extent e.g. IEng, CEng (support given).
Very good working knowledge of product safety standards and very sound knowledge of electrical/electronic product safety principles.
Use of test and measuring equipment.
Knowledge of regulations such as CE marking directives, RoHS, eco-design, other approvals such as UL Listing/Recognition, RCM for Australia & New Zealand, CB scheme etc.
Experience of working within a quality system such as ISO 9001 and ISO 17025.